3 work modalities that are here to stay.
The pandemic, digitization and automation have revolutionized the working field, both in the way people work and in the relationships between workers and employers.
In our article from last week, "Remote Work: The new way of working." We wrote a little about remote work and some of its advantages for both employers and employees. Today, we want to talk to you a little more in depth about the three preferred work modalities at the moment.
Nowadays, it is not surprising that a large number of people work remotely; in fact, this way of working represented the salvation for many companies during the period 2019 - 20221 due to the great restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic at that time; however, at the end of the confinement phase, both individuals and companies decided to continue with this scheme, which brought them more benefits than they initially imagined.
There are three remote working modalities used today, each with its particular characteristics which respond to the needs of the industry or sector in question. All three offer greater flexibility in the use of collaborators' time in addition to bringing benefits to companies such as;
- Productivity increase.
- Reduction of absenteeism.
- Staff retention and loyalty, among others.
Remote work modalities
- Telecommuting. It is often confused with remote work since it is carried out in the same way; from anywhere with a good internet connection. Unlike remote work, telework is a less flexible work modality and with greater requirements and implementation conditions; for example, the telecommuter is occasionally asked to come into the office while the remote worker may never get to meet co-workers in person. Telecommuting is an ideal option for tasks or jobs that require writing, research, reading, data analysis, computer work, marketing, etc.
- Permanent remote work. It is the ideal model for companies that do not consider the possibility of having physical facilities, either because their employees work from different places of the world or simply because they do not want to have an office. In this modality, it is essential to have digital tools and management software that guarantee workflows, promote constant communication and the achievement of the objectives set.
- Hybrid work. In this type of work there are policies and agreements signed by the company and the worker that guarantee equal rights and working conditions. It is based on the remote and face-to-face work modalities. Here, companies have physical spaces for work activities, team meetings and with clients; under this modality, employees can work some days in the office and others remotely, however, this schedule is defined and established by the company.
In office work: the model that has not yet abandoned companies
Just as there are many companies that have evolved to these new work modalities, there are many others that do not see it as necessary, it is not their preference or their activities do not allow it, but like everything else, it offers advantages and disadvantages that we show you below:
- Facilitates communication. As we all meet within the same physical space, communication is fluid and constant. Although there are many highly effective platforms for remote communication, there are times when not all team members are available due to various factors (internet connection failure, etc.)
- Improves employment relationships. Another advantage of face-to-face work is that it encourages the consolidation of the work team. Face-to-face contact positively feeds labor ties; likewise, the fact of sharing a physical space and going to the office daily promotes the feeling of belonging in the collaborators.
- High costs. Having an entire team working in an office implies an increase in costs for the company. The rental of a space, its maintenance, payment of services, as well as the investment in equipment and furniture, are important expenses that can be avoided by working with a remote team.
- Increased distractions. While it is true that face-to-face work encourages and improves work ties, it is also true that it lends itself to moments of distraction. Going for coffee, engaging in long conversations or coming back later from lunch can become situations that take away from the team's productivity.
Currently, organizations are redefining productivity and face-to-face work is running out while telework and remote work models are gaining ground. This natural advance towards an optimized system for the development of our professional activity requires adequate technological tools to help you manage workflows and the people who carry them out.
At e·Saurio we specialize in the development of mobile applications and platforms that will help you increase your productivity through the perfect execution of labor management. An example of this is QuartzSales, a product we created and developed for the retail industry that is currently used by major brands for sales force management, asset control at points of sale, and much more.
If you liked this article, subscribe to our blog.
Remember that you can find us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter as @esauriook
On LinkedIn as e•Saurio